Saturday, November 2, 2013

Let's start at the beginning (again): We bought a house!

I've decided to revive my old blog and focus on my life as a married-career driven-home owning woman!

My husband Alex and I met on October 31, 2008. Fast forward 5 years and we just closed on our new house together on October 31, 2013. Pretty ironic (and cool), huh? We think so. :)

Alex and I were married on May 11, 2013 in Spartanburg, SC. In August we decided to start looking at homes and thus the exciting, stressful, fun and maddening experience of home buying began. I am thrilled to be able to say it all ended well, but the process wasn’t the easiest. Thankfully, our trusty realtor and my parents and sister helped keep us focused on the end result – a home that will truly be ours!

Image
 
Our first house payment is due December 1, 2013, which will be a big change from the “free” home we’ve had for so long… I work as an apartment community manager, with the major perk of a beautiful free apartment. However, free also has its challenges. I have loved living on-site but it’s time for us to regain our privacy (and a back yard). We will continue living in our apartment until the work is done (for the most part) at the new house. I feel beyond blessed to even have that option!

So back to our new house… We got the keys on Halloween day – Thursday, October 31, 2013. Shopping and renovating began immediately! Now I’ll be keeping you updated as we go along. :)

No comments: